ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT (UV) WATER FILTRATION:
A water test should always be your first step before determining what type of system, if any, is going to provide you the best protection. For purposes of bacterial or microbial disinfection, Ultraviolet light (UV) water filtration systems are very effective when installed taking into account other aspects of the water quality that may also have to be treated to enable Ultraviolet light (UV) water filtration to work well.
HOW DOES ULTRAVIOLET (UV) LIGHT WORK TO DISINFECT THE WATER SUPPLY??
UV is a type of energy found in the electromagnetic spectrum, lying between x-rays and visible light. Although we cannot see UV light or rays, we are exposed to them every time we step out into the sun. In fact, UV light is responsible for causing sunburns. Ultraviolet systems use special lamps or bulbs that emit UV light of a particular wavelength. The Ultraviol
Advantages of Ultraviolet (UV) Light Disinfection:
- Effective:Virtually all microorganisms are susceptible to ultraviolet disinfection.
- Economical:Hundreds of gallons are purified for each penny of operating cost.
- Safe:No danger of overdosing, no addition of chemicals.
- Fast:Water is ready for use as soon as it leaves the purifier no further contact time required.
- Automatic:Provides continuous disinfection without special attention or measurement.
- Chemical Free:No Chlorine taste or corrosion problems.
- Versatile:Capacities available from 1.5 gallons per minute to millions of gallons per day.