Filter Media & Chemicals
DMI-65 Iron & Arsenic Removal Media
ADVANTAGES OF DMI-65 Media
- Eliminates Potassium Permanganate. Operates with continuous injection of sodium hypochlorite at low residual levels (0.1 to 0.3 ppm).
- Wide pH range. Stable and satisfactory performance at pH 5.8 to 8.6.
- High Flow Rates. DMI-65 can operate at linear filtration velocities up to twice that of conventional media with a Higher Operating Temperatures. The maximum operating temperature of 113° F (45° C).
- Long Life. DMI-65 is not consumed in the process
- providing considerable advantages over other processes or media.
- Regeneration Not Required. After initial activation
- only sodium hypochlorite feed is required.
- System Compatibility. Physical properties are similar to that of competitive media
- allowing conversion to DMI-65 without major hardware modifications.
- Arsenic Removal. DMI-65 has been shown to be effective in the removal of arsenic associated with iron-containing influent. If necessary
- ferric chloride can be introduced to treat waters with low influent iron levels or to enhance removal when treating waters with high levels of arsenic.