Filter Media & Chemicals
DMI-65 Iron & Arsenic Removal Media
ADVANTAGES OF DMI-65 Media
- Eliminates Potassium Permanganate. Operates with continuous injection of sodium hypochlorite at low residual levels (0.1 to 0.3 ppm).
- Wide pH range. Stable and satisfactory performance at pH 5.8 to 8.6.
- High Flow Rates. DMI-65 can operate at linear filtration velocities up to twice that of conventional media with a Higher Operating Temperatures. The maximum operating temperature of 113° F (45° C).
- Long Life. DMI-65 is not consumed in the process
- providing considerable advantages over other processes or media.
- Regeneration Not Required. After initial activation
- only sodium hypochlorite feed is required.
- System Compatibility. Physical properties are similar to that of competitive media
- allowing conversion to DMI-65 without major hardware modifications.
- Arsenic Removal. DMI-65 has been shown to be effective in the removal of arsenic associated with iron-containing influent. If necessary
- ferric chloride can be introduced to treat waters with low influent iron levels or to enhance removal when treating waters with high levels of arsenic.
Filter Media & Chemicals
Katalox Light® Filtration Media – 1 cu/ft
Katalox Light® is a new brand of revolutionary advanced filtration media completely developed in Germany. It’s composition simply makes it outstanding against the contemporary filter media available in water treatment industries, like sand, BIRM, Greensand Plus, Manganese Greensand etc. Katalox Light® is manufactured in Germany.
Katalox Light® is engineered with unique MnO2 coating technique on ZEOSORB®, providing it light weight, higher filtration surface, more service life, and more reliable performance (filtration down to 3µm) than any other existing granular filter media.
Katalox Light® is being used in numerous systems for residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal applications worldwide, for high level filtration, color and odor removal, iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide removal, efficient reduction of arsenic, zinc, copper, lead, radium, uranium and other radionuclides and heavy metals.
Katalox Light® is ANSI/NSF 61 Certified for drinking water applications and has met the ANSI/NSF 372 Lead free compliance.
A high concentration coating of MnO2 on the Katalox Light® surface (10%) is the biggest advantage compared to any similar product available in the market. This makes the oxidation and co-precipitation of contaminants much more effective. For removal of a very high concentration of contaminant it’s recommended to use chlorine as an oxidizer, which provides accelerated catalytic oxidation on the surface of the media. Conventional oxidizing agents like chlorine or potassium permanganate also could be used if required.
Katalox Light® can be used for arsenic, radium, and uranium removal but in these cases there is a requirement of iron in the water. Katalox Light® system is designed with special iron dosing technology which has many advantages over adsorbent media used for heavy metal removal.
- High content MnO2 coating (10%)
- Very High Surface Area
- Contains NO Crystalline Silica
- Light Weight – providing significant savings on backwash water
- Higher Filtration rates
- Filtration of sand, sediment and suspended solids, down to 3 micron
- High efficiency removal capacity of Iron, Manganese and Hydrogen sulfide
- Effective reduction of Arsenic, Zinc, Copper, Lead, Radium, Uranium, radionuclides, and other heavy metals
- Media replacement every 7 – 10 years v No disinfection by-product
- No mandatory KMnO4, chlorine, or chlorine dioxide dosing
- Low operational costs
- Unique product, unmatched by our competitors